How can I satisfy a deposit?


How do I pay a deposit?

Deposits can be paid online during sign-up or by calling 1-888-7RHYTHM.

The deposit must be satisfied before an enrollment can be confirmed or electricity service started.

Deposits will be fully reimbursed after 12 consecutive on-time payments, with interest at the rate approved by the PUCT.


Deposit Alternative Program - For Eligible Customers

Some customers may qualify for the Deposit Alternative Program based on their credit profile.

The Deposit Alternative Program requires payment of a Deposit Alternative Fee before enrollment can be confirmed or electricity service started.

The Deposit Alternative Fee is non-refundable.


Can the deposit requirement be waived?  

Yes. Send a copy of a letter of credit from your most recent electricity provider to Rhythm.

The Letter of Credit must show no more than 1 late payment for the most recent 12 consecutive months as well as have no disconnections for non-payment. 


Or you may be eligible for a deposit  waiver if you are: 

A customer aged 65+:  We will waive your deposit if you send us a valid copy of one of the following forms of identification :

  • State-Issued Identification Card  

  • U.S. Driver's License

  • Passport  

  • Military ID  

  • Government Employee ID  

A victim of family violence: If you are a victim of family violence, you are eligible to have your electric service deposit waived.

To qualify as a victim of family violence, you will need to send a copy of your Texas Council on Family Violence deposit waiver certification letter. The letter must be filled out by family violence center personnel, treating medical personnel, law enforcement personnel, a Texas District Attorney or County Attorney, Office of the Attorney General personnel or a grantee of the Texas Equal Access to Justice Foundation which you can find on the Texas Council on Family Violence's Website - EnglishEspañol


Victim of Potential Fraud: If we were not able to verify your identity, please send a copy of one of the forms of identification below directly to Rhythm.

  • State-Issued Identification Card  

  • Driver's License from The United States  

  • Passport  

  • Military ID

  • Government Employee ID  

Medically Indigent: Submit a certification letter to Rhythm establishing that the account owner is medically indigent. 

Was this article helpful?
66 out of 79 found this helpful