There is a switch hold on the home I am moving into. What can I do? 

Sometimes, the location a customer is moving into has a switch hold on it from the prior tenant. Switch holds are agreed to when a Deferred Payment Plan is signed. The new tenant is not responsible for these charges and can switch the home into their name by submitting a New Occupant Statement (see attached form) to Rhythm. We will then submit it to the utility on your behalf. 
When emailing this form toRhythm, please include a copy of one of the following forms as proof of your move:  

  • Signed Lease, showing the date of occupancy with signatures 

  • Closing Documents, from the home’s sale 

  • Notarized Affidavit of Landlord 


Was this article helpful?
12 out of 20 found this helpful